Follow this step by step project from The Cupcake Range and transform your mini rolls into something a lot more fun (and scary of course!) this Halloween.
You will need:
- KSD pumpkin mould
- Chocolate mini rolls
- Dark chocolate or candy melts for the bat wings
- White modelling paste (for the eyes and fangs)
- Black edible ink pen
- Red edible ink pen (optional)
- Paper to make the template for the wings
- Non-stick baking paper
- Edible glue
- Cocktail stick
- Disposable piping bag or plastic bag for piping
- KSD bat mould and some chocolate fondant or chocolate modelling paste to make some smaller bats to decorate (optional)
How to make the bats:
Make a paper template for the wings like this
Melt some chocolate and place in the piping bag (if using a plastic bag instead, snip a tiny hole in one corner of the bag for the chocolate to pipe through). Pipe around the edge of each wing then fill the inside, neatening with a cocktail stick if needed. Before they are dry, place one mini roll in the centre of each one.
Using the KSD pumpkin mould make lots of different eyes and fangs using white modelling paste.
Colour the centre of the eyes black using an edible marker pen. Add in some blood shot details with a red edible pen if desired.
Leave the bats to dry, then carefully peel off the baking paper and serve. Decorate with smaller bats using the KSD bat mould and some chocolate fondant or modelling chocolate (as shown) if desired.
Sarah Harris, The Cupcake Range